The Supreme Court Law Library will assist in Hawai‘i legislative history research by pulling and marking acts and committee reports from Session Laws of Hawaii and the House and Senate Journals. An exact Hawai‘i Revised Statute (HRS) chapter and section and/or Act # and year must be provided. Payment for service must be made in-person or received via mail before requestor will be allowed access to the pulled and marked materials. Acts and committee reports can be copied and delivered, additional document delivery charges will apply. Service hours are 7:45 am – 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday, except Hawai‘i State holidays. Request and proof of payment must be received by noon (12 pm) HST for same day rush service.
Steps to requesting Hawai‘i Legislative History Research service:
- Complete a Request for Hawai‘i Legislative History Service form with your complete contact information and the exact HRS chapter(s) and section(s) or Act # and year being requested.
- Save a copy of the completed form to your computer desktop and either:
- Fax: Print and fax the document to (808) 539-4974
- Email: Send the document as an attachment to LawLibrary@courts.hawaii.gov
- The library will respond by phone or e-mail with the total cost for the request
- Send payment in the exact amount to:Supreme Court Law Library
417 S. King Street, Room 119
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Please see the Hawaii State Law Library Handbook for applicable fees.
Payment can be made in the form of a business check, cashier’s check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to: Supreme Court Law Library
To expedite service, proof of payment to be sent by mail or hand-delivered to the library can be done by either:
- Faxing a copy of the check/money order to (808) 539-4974
- Scanning the check/money order, save as a PDF document, and send the file as an email attachment to LawLibrary@courts.hawaii.gov.
Proof of payment does not constitute payment for services. Please ensure that the actual check is mailed to the Supreme Court Law Library for payment.