The library will mail, pdf and fax copies of Supreme Court Law Library materials as permitted by the “fair use” provision of the Copyright Act. The library reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying request if, in their judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of U.S. Copyright Law. Service hours are 7:45 am – 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday, except Hawai‘i State holidays. Request and proof of payment must be received by noon (12 pm) HST for same day rush service. Rush service is limited to a maximum of 50 pages.
Steps to requesting a document:
- Complete a Request for Document Delivery & Certifications form with your complete contact information and the exact citation/item requested.
- Save a copy of the completed form to your computer desktop and either:
- Fax: Print and fax the document to (808) 539-4974
- Email: Send the document as an attachment to LawLibrary@courts.hawaii.gov
- The library will respond by phone or e-mail with the total cost for the request
- Send payment in the exact amount to:Supreme Court Law Library
417 S. King Street, Room 119
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Please see the Hawaii State Law Library Handbook for applicable fees.
Payment can be made in the form of a business check, cashier’s check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to: Supreme Court Law Library
Payment is required before any document delivery or certification request will be sent. To expedite service, proof of payment to be sent by mail or hand-delivered to the library can be done by either:
- Faxing a copy of the check/money order to (808) 539-4974
- Scanning the check/money order, save as a PDF document, and send the file as an email attachment to LawLibrary@courts.hawaii.gov.
Proof of payment does not constitute payment for services. Please ensure that the actual check is mailed to the Supreme Court Law Library for actual payment.